Sunday, February 15, 2009

The tumor shrank!!!!

Yay!!! The tumor shrank! It's about a 1/4 of an inch smaller. It did not shrink as much as the doctor thought it would, he described it as "mixed news", good because it shrank, bad because not as much as expected. But I'm still happy. My lungs remain clear of any other disease.

My doctor is considering changing my chemo. I had a PET scan on Friday. I'm glad this is over. My no carbohydrate night/fasting until 4pm made me EVIL. I will hopefully get the results tomorrow. If the tumor is still very active, my chemo regimen will change to chemo drugs that I have not had before to see if they work better. If it is not active I will have a third chemo added on to what I am getting now. I flinched when he told me this, i guess it was just a natural response. He noticed and we all had a good laugh.

I was scheduled for chemo tomorrow morning but my platelets have been very low, even after a transfusion, so the chemo has been postponed. Hopefully they went up over the weekend. Not sure what they are now because I didn't have my labs drawn all weekend (yes, i know, bad bad cancer patient). I'll go in the morning. I was a little worried about the late chemo but doc said it was ok to be up to a week late.

It's also time for Lupron again. It helps to protect my ovaries but I also think it's making me moody, crazy and is causing life altering hot flashes. I had decided against it until I saw the little people clothes below. I want one of those little people one day so I'm going to suck it up and get the shot. The surgery was discussed, more details when I get them.



47/365- I love love love love all things Kashi
46/365 My soon to be "niece's" closet. I love all of the little clothes.

45/365 Kev and I went to see Friday the 13th on Friday the 13th. Really the ONLY day the movie should be seen. Oh and my fabulous new wig : )


44/365 A Valentine's sneak attack for my friend Frank.


43/365 I helped a friend from church make and deliver these baskets to some youth in the church.

42/365- my daily devotional that my mom bought me. February is about forgiveness.


41/365- Allison and I went to see He's Just Not That Into You, it's a great movie that made a lot of sense.


40/365-(pic removed by me) these antibiotics have caused me distress of the worst kind. I can't wait to be done with them.

2 comments:

Obsessedwithlife said...

CONGRATS!! That is so exciting :)!! ...I also love Kashi stuff.

And word of wisdom, I'd be careful w/ that pic of your medicines because it can be clicked on, enlarged and people can read the info!!

Rach

Bethany said...

Thanks girl! I didn't even think about that. I'm taking it off.