Thursday, April 9, 2009

The chemo is working!

I received great news from my oncologist. My CT scan shows that the tumor is 50% smaller than it was in February!!!!

The tumor has pulled away from my chest wall. Still attached to the heart. But my doctor says the surgery has already become easier.

My results were described as fabulous.

I am now a candidate for surgery.

My doctor was so excited he ordered 2 more rounds of chemo.

I am least getting a lot of bang for my buck. It makes it a lot easier to go through chemo knowing that it's actually working.

2 rounds=equals 6-8 more weeks on chemo, then hopefully surgery, maybe some radiation, and the return of my eyelashes.

Oh and I'm almost 109 pounds! I'm already gaining the weight back I lost at the beginning of chemo. Amazing

4 comments:

Obsessedwithlife said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!

YOu totally made my day!!

Love ya,
Rachel

Jenny Deitz said...

Bethany,

You may not remember me - we were really young when we were friends, but my maiden name is Jenny Bullock, and we both lived in Pearland together (I moved when I was about 8) Anyway, you and I became "Facebook Friends" a while back, and I glanced over your profile but had no idea about who you were today or the struggles you may have been facing. And when I saw your status today - I glanced at your page again for more info. That's where I found your blog and really got to hear about the cancer and amazing courage you've displayed in the face of it. Bethany, I know I haven't seen you in a really long time, and would totally understand if you thought I sounded like a crazy woman, sending you this random message years later... But I just had to tell you that you are an incredible woman. Even through something as trivial as the internet, you inspired me to face each day with poise, grace, and strength. And not just with cancer - but even on your blog... all the small wonderful things you appreciate (I LOVE cupcakes too!) So, just know that I think so highly of you and am so thankful that you had a good report back from the doctor. My prayers are with you and your family - and I'm so glad to hear of all the recent updates with you. Feel free to check out our blog anytime - I try to update it but sometimes I forget:)

-Jenny Deitz (Bullock)
http://thedeitzduo.blogspot.com

Our Family said...

Bethany,
It has been a long long time since I last saw you! (can you believe we graduated 8 years ago?!) Anyway, not sure if you remember me, but I wanted to tell you I have been reading your blog weekly, and praying for you. Today when I read your post I was SO happy and relieved for you! Congratulations on the good news. Have a wonderful Easter.
Kalee Blythe (used to be Coggins)

Ann said...

Oh, Bethany, YAHYAHYAH!!! That is AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you! I've been praying...I'll keep praying! God is good!