Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Georgia

Pictures from my trip down South
My first homemade cake!

Fresh boiled peanuts, I wish I could get these in Texas

Ole Times Country Restraunt with Grandma


I went to Georgia 2 weeks ago and received some much needed relaxation. I enjoyed spending time with my Grandma, she is 90 and full of so much wisdom. She is still in good health and very feisty so she can be quite entertaining. I love it when she tells me stories about my mom. It amazes me that my mom doesn't want me to do certain things, for example, moving out of the house a few months ago, but not only did she do the same thing at a younger age, she left her home state! I have had my Grandma's recipe for pound cake for a while but never built up the courage to try it myself. See, I've never made a cake from scratch. Well we had some free time and I was with the cake master so I gave it a shot with her watching me and giving me directions. Glad she was there because even with instructions I would have messed it up. It turned out to be a delicious cake, she said the best she had ever tasted ; ) I felt so domestic, can't wait to try other cake recipes.

Last week was really hard. Mel was offered a promotion in Rhode Island and he took it. I'm very proud of him for getting a promotion and a better job offer but of course I'm upset about us having to be apart. We have figured out a plan, hopefully seeing each other 1-2 a month. He doesn't have to be up there until September so I am going to fully enjoy our last few weeks together in the same city for a while.

No comments: