Monday, January 7, 2013

Just waiting....

Patience has never been a virtue of mine and the waiting this past week coupled with all these meds has been hard. Honestly I'm just really bored too. I'm used to moving around a lot and being busy. Fortunately I have been able to get out a little, went to Barnes and Noble to get some books, ordered some from Amazon that got here really fast. I have always loved learning about nutrition but have definitely become a little obsessed these last few days, finding new blogs and books on certain diets....paleo/primal vs. vegan. It's just all so interesting how everyone thinks they are right! I've just decided  to read, enjoy and take what information I need for myself and family to make smart eating choices.

Saturday was hard. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to take my AM steroid dose with a big glass of fresh veggie juice instead of my normal protein/carb including meal. BIG MISTAKE. I don't believe that I received any of that dose and seemed to be having withdrawal symptoms all day. It was terrible! Lesson learned. I'm being much more careful at how I take my medicine.

Other than that things have been ok. Not much pain, sleeping better and continuing to taper off meds. I even did a little light exercise this morning. Went up and down the stairs about 10 times. It felt really good. May go out for a walk later today.

No comments: