Saturday, November 22, 2008

I cut my hair!!!


I had my hair cut today. I wanted to donate it to Locks of Love but unfortunately it was a little to short. I feel so much better!! I feel like I have at least a little control of the situation. It will be much easier to have my hair fall out with shorter strands than long ones. It will also be much easier to go from short to bald than from long to bald. I'm going wig shopping in a few days and my stylist said she would be more than happy to trim the wig for me. I wasn't big on wigs the first time, but i'm going to give them a second try. I think it will make certain situations more comfortable, like work.


I had another port (it's like a long term IV, it can be internal or external) put in yesterday. They gave me happy lala land medicine. It was nice to not think about things for a few hours. I already have a implanted port, but one of the chemos i'm getting can't go into this type of port. This is why I now have 2 ports. One on each side of my chest. Sexy, I know. Needless to say I wasnt happy about it, but I have to do what I have to do.

The one on the right side of my chest is internal, the one on the left side is external.
Today I'm thankful for my sweet hairstylist who made a hard thing a lot easier, and a great friend who drove down from Dallas to spend the weekend with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you are going through must be like, but I can only say that you are one of the strongest and bravest women I know. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers always. Happy Thanksgiving!