Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanks, I didnt get the memo.

First day of second round of chemo. A conversation between Bethany and her nurse.

Nurse: So how old are you?

Bethany:25

Nurse: You married?

Bethany: no

Nurse: Any kids?

Bethany: no

Nurse: Uhh don't you think it's time you started those things (as she places my chemo on the poll to infuse into me). If you wait too much longer you'll only be able to have one kid.


I was overwhelmed by her sensitivity. I mean this is obviously a great time for me to run out and great pregnant. Silly me, where is that damn memo?

2 comments:

Kimberly Sawyer said...

WOW! People's stupidity never fails...

Obsessedwithlife said...

Whoa...what!?!

That is so strange. I, too, have heard so many strange things over the years...people...i tell ya ;).

R