Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess

Done with chemo #5. I can't believe I've been on chemo this long...4 months. I'm ready to be done. I hope just one more but I know better than to get excited. The addition of the third chemo was weird. Horrible stomach pain for days. That's never happened before. I wasn't really sure what to do with all the pain so I just tried to sleep all week.

My blood counts are very low. They dropped much faster and sooner than I thought. My platelets are super low so I have been scheduled for a platelet transfusion tomorrow. Fun. At least it's not chemo. And good news is I don't feel like crap. Normally this time after chemo I'm wallowing in the fetal position somewhere but surprisingly I feel ok. I'm almost afraid to type that, like it won't last if I say it out loud.

I will meet with the doctor next week. Hopefully surgery will be scheduled soon.


63/365 Family from Georgia send us peanuts and my mom roasts them. She has done this since I was little. Always the same delicious roasted smell, always the same yellow pan. I hope to do this for my kids one day.



62/365 I've never been an ice cream person. But something about it's cold, scentless ways has enticed me. I will only have it from Cold Stone: sweet cream with pound cake, pecans and rainbow sprinkles. Happiness.


61/365- There is a field behind the house. Sometimes rats come into the yard. Randi (wiener dog mix) was on it before I could scream. I was slow from the chemo backpack. By the time I stopped the assault it was badly injured. I wanted to help it, but the thought of being on antibiotics for 2 weeks from a rat bite was too much. Yucky, i know, but I didn't want it to suffer because my dog decided to go wolf for the day.


60/365-Fish and grits. It's a southern thing (my parents are from Georgia). I had a dream about it and so mom cooked it for me for breakfast. So good.



59/365- So I didn't even think of myself as "disabled" until the nice people at MDA informed that I kind of met all of the criteria. This is really one of the most un-fun places I've been. No one smiles at the SS office.



58/365-carbs, carbs, chemo and carbs


57/365 I wore one of favorite shirts today, it's so comfy and worn in.


56/365 I knew I wasn't supposed to leave the unit during chemo, but in my chemo delirium it seemed like a bright idea. I mean it was only 6 floors between me and the hospital gift store candy heaven. I was caught before I even got off the unit. I think they have cameras. Luckily my ride was more than happy to go get my candy.


55/365 Bored during chemo? Have a photo session in the mirror!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Fish and grits, YUM!!

I'm in Charleston, SC, so I understand, that is a delicacy!

We have grits and SALMON for lunch at school sometimes...cool, eh?

Still praying for you...