Friday, April 3, 2009

chemo-tastic

It's 2:28 in the morning.

I took the medicine to help me sleep two hours ago. See how well it works.
I received blood and platelets last night. From a stranger, weird, but safe. I now feel replenished.
I found an old 1990's style juicer in the garage today. Organic apples, black berries and strawberries. I am in love.
The day has come. I have 2 eyelashes left on my left eye. Sigh. That is it. 2 eyelashes for my whole face. And yes, I do still put mascara on them. Carefully.
I will enjoy them til the end.
I'm trying to remember what I used to look like. I like this picture. It was AC (after cancer) but during a remission in college. My hair is to my shoulders but I still got so excited about just having it. It was Halloween. I couldn't wear that outfit now- I need much more coverage for scars-but I'm glad I had a great time in it that night.

I'm a lion. People thought I was a squirrel, mouse, Pocahontas (seriously?)

My body and my eyelashes will be returned to me one day. This is only for a time, this is only for a time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Bethany...thank you for the comment and thank you for introducing me to your blog. You sound like a feirce fighter and I fully intend to keep up (and read up) on you.

Have a fantastic day, I'll be looking out for your list. It has definitely enriched my life!