Thursday, April 30, 2009

I should be in bed

I conquered round 7 of chemo!!! No really, it actually kind of kicked my butt. But at least there were no emo meltdowns last week. It was just kind of a foggy haze that seemed to happen. Glad it's over.
I must be the luckiest girl in the world- I need a root canal. I've needed it for 2 weeks. Tried to get it and the dentist was not able to get me numb, and as you can imagine, I was not able to sit there and let him drill my tooth. Couldn't get it last week because chemo+someones hand in my mouth=i will probably throw up all over your nice white jacket. So, it is scheduled for next week on Wednesday with a special dentist called an endodontist. I will be given some happy gas to help sit still. If I had a choice between a root canal and an extra day of chemo, I would take the extra chemo. That should let you know how much I'm dreading next Wednesday. Think of me.
Other than that, I am locked in the house. I usually don't go out much the week after chemo because my counts are low, but this week I have to be extremely careful because of the swine flu. I think it's hyped up by the news but better safe than sorry.
4-30-09 My masks. Glad I got them before everyone lost their damn mind over the swine flu and went out and bought them all up. I actually need a mask, all you healthy people just wash your hands and cover your mouth when you cough, you'll be ok....

4-29-09 Right before I took Kim to the airport.

4-28-09 I obviously professed my love of SATC to everyone. Allison bought me the whole series.


4-27-09 I am years behind, but have recently fell in LOVE with Sex and the City. My cousin burned the series and sent it to me.



4-26-09 Sometimes being a patient and a nurse is not good because you know too much. I was supposed to stay attached to my pump until Monday(to get fluids), I disconnected myself on Sunday. Why? Because I felt like it.


4-25-09 I woke up and needed IHOP. Strange because I normally don't feel like going in public when I am still attached to the backpack, but the need for IHOP over rode any good judgement. I must have had a stamp on my head that said "Come talk to me" because that's what everyone did. Must have been the backpack.


4-24-09 I swore I would never get on the Twilight craze, then I saw the movie and my heart skipped a beat. I can not get enough.


4-23-09 This is what my house looks like at night. Battery lit candles everywhere. My mom says they look pretty, I think she wants to keep me safe when I get up and wander in the night. We can't use real candles because Keymo the cat will knock them over and we would like our house not to burn.


4-22-09 Something about the crunch in soybean nuts is so comforting. It's like I'm chewing the stress away.



4-21-09 Lime slushies from Sonic make my life good.




4-20-09 Ms. Allison came to visit with me on my first day back at chemo.



4-19-09 Classy Mr. 3 tv screens you can't see. I'm guessing by the 27" sticker plastered on his window he was riding on 27s




4-18-09 Thank you crazy Houston weather. This is what "a 60% chance of rain" looks like. I had to go into nasty flood water to save my car and pull it into the driveway.




4-17-09 This was the ceiling of one of the rooms at MD Anderson....so relaxing. This was the first time I've seen it, and I've been in A LOT of rooms there so I'm guessing it's just in a few.




4-16-09 Christmas in April...I love this movie




4-15-09 Tobias with his carrot. Each night he gets one if he does a "potty trick"


4-14-09 This yummy recipe can be found here. If you are a sauce person, double what the recipe calls for

1 comment:

Obsessedwithlife said...

Nice pics! I was also not sleeping last night like I should have been-couldn't sleep well :(.

SATC is addicting! I watched it after it was on TV last year-it truly got me through the rest of interior design school that I was struggling with (I watched it while I did my projects).

Good ol' IV backpacks...

Rachel