Thursday, April 30, 2009

So you want to help.....

I get asked all the time...how can I help? Is there anything you need? Well...now there is.

MD Anderson is critically low on platelets, like so low there were none of the type that were ordered for me last night. I of course didn't realize they were so low until it affected me last night.

So I am asking all of my Houston people to PLEASE go to one of the donation centers and donate some platelets. If I am not able to use yours then I will get a credit for them, and I will have a much better chance of getting what I need next time. Your platelets will be used by someone...this is the most important part.

I have a flyer that I can't figure out how to get on here, so if you would like to help email me at b_rogers60@hotmail.com and I will get you the flyer with all the info and I will give you my patient number so that you can donate under my name.

Thank you! I love yall!!!!!

****Platelets are the cell that help with clotting (like when you cut yourself) The process for giving platelets is similar to giving blood, very simple and well worth your time : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just was on your facebook to see how you were doing and I clicked on this link! Glad your doing this! Miss you! -Renee