Friday, September 18, 2009

In Loving Memory


This week has been very challenging for me. My dear friend Allison lost her mother after a long battle with cancer. Allison and I became friends in kindergarten and her mother was our school nurse until 6th grade. Some of my best memories from all stages of my life: childhood, teen years, being a young adult involve Allison and her mom. I can't help but smile when I think back to all of the great times Ally and I have had together that her mom was apart of or made possible- sleep overs*Galveston Galveston Galveston!* beach house* ham sandwiches* introducing me to Pear Tree tea room*the smell of apple cider tea before school*coupon books*big white suburban*truly understanding my battle with cancer*our last lunch at Gringo's.
Thank you Paulette for gracing this world with your presence. Everyone who has had the chance to know you is better because of it. Allison is family. We have been best friends for 21 years. I will look after her and I look forward to being her friend for the rest of my life. Know that she will be taken care of. Rest in peace Ms. Adams.
http://www.claytonfuneralhomes.com/obits/ Please take a moment to read her obituary.

No comments: