Thursday, September 24, 2009

oral chemo

I am now on oral chemo (etoposide). It is one of the same drugs that I was receiving through an IV from November to July. It is a lot easier now because I am just getting one drug not a cocktail, and I can take it at home. I should only have to go to Anderson every 3 weeks. I also do not feel nearly as bad as I did a few months ago. The nausea and fatigue are easily controlled with meds and naps. I will do this chemo until January. As of now I am still on medical leave from work. I want to complete the first round (21 days) and see what effect this kind has on my counts. If it drops them I will stay off work until I am done. The last thing I need is to catch an infection. I'm not thrilled about 4 more months of chemo but if it keeps me in remission then it's worth it. Since I am feeling better I will try to use some of my time off to travel. I'm looking forward to eating some fried cheese in Wisconsin with sister!

2 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Glad you are feeling better. And I pray your counts do well. Traveling to see family is always a good time. Bless you as you continue on this journey.

Daria said...

I'm glad it's easier ... and you're doing better.

All the best to you ...