Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I want my weekend back!

I had a great Memorial weekend. The 3 days off were much needed. My days were filled with cooking, resting and movie watching. Mel and I attempted to go to Keyma on Saturday but he was on called and got paged so we only had enough time to quickly pick the chihuahua up and head back to the city.

Right after brunch at Baba Yega

And the weekend also included "someone" getting a hair cut. Needless to say he wasn't happy about the trip to Petco, but at least this time I wasn't called in early to pick him up for aggressive behavior towards the clippers and staff.
My doctor has decided to take a more aggressive approach against those spots in my lungs. He wants me to go for an assessment for RFA-radiofrequency ablation. Basically a needle like probe is put into the lung and the spot is burned. It doesn't sound fun and I think I'm officially stalling now in getting it done. Maybe in a few weeks. Maybe.
Is everyone pregnant? I think so. My friends cat even just had kittens. It's not that I want a baby right now, it's the thought of possibly never being able to have one that gets to me. Facebook is hard to look at these days. every time I get on someone is pregnant, someone is in labor, someone just had a baby.... It's not that I'm jealous or want to take this joy away from anyone, it's not even close to that. I just hope to have that same happiness too one day.
This time last year I felt like everyone was getting married, and now a year later I'm happy and dating a great guy. No wedding bells anytime soon, but I get the lesson.... things will, if they are supposed to, work themselves out.

2 comments:

Ann said...

you are still in my thoughts...and prayers! go out and have an amazing summer!

Lars Shalom said...

hhaha chiwawusss!!!