Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dissapointing News

I have been having off and on sinus infection symptoms since early 2011. They have always resolved with antibiotics ans/or steroids. Until theses last few weeks. I woke up on Thanksgiving day with a headache. Assumed it was sinus related and went to the doctor 3 days later and received antibiotics and steroids. After the course of antibiotics I didn't feel any better. Steroids helped but shortly after stopping them I felt worse. I received a different type of antibiotic from another doc. No improvement. On Friday night my head hurt so bad that my husband drove me to an urgent care facility. After a quick CT scan it was revealed that there is a tumor in my head. I was given some medication, steroids to help with the swelling and transferred by ambulance to a hospital nearby to be admitted to be stabilized. I was released today and will followup with doctors at MD Anderson on Wednesday. I am heart broken. I thought that 3 years was far enough out from the cancer to not have to worry about anything like this. Good news is that it is a solitary nodule, small and operable, possibly benign because it seems to be slow growing. It has possibly been there since 2011. While I am beyond disappointed and heartbroken I am still so blessed. A lot of people in the country got horrible news on Friday. When I got mine I got to be comforted by my wonderful husband. So many on Friday never got that hug from there loved ones. I have a good feeling about this. I just need some more time to adjust. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you for the the thoughts, prayers and positive energy. I feel it.

1 comment: